Foundation presents Partners in Education awards
Donna Reser and Cosentino’s Raymore Price Chopper are the 2016 recipients of the Partners in Education award from the Raymore-Peculiar Public School Foundation. Foundation President Phil Parke presented the awards at its annual Gala on Feb. 20 at Loch Lloyd Country Club.
Since moving to the Raymore-Peculiar School District in 1977, Donna Reser has been active as a parent and volunteer.
Her three daughters and three of her grandchildren have attended and graduated from Ray-Pec. Two more grandchildren are currently students in the District – one attending Ray-Pec High School and the other at Eagle Glen Intermediate School. In addition, she has a son-in-law who teaches and coaches for the District, and a granddaughter who is employed by the District.
From 1977 to 2014, she served in a variety of positions with the Ray-Pec Athletic Booster Club. She served as secretary, treasurer and concessions coordinator. She coordinated volunteers to help with Chiefs parking and toll booth at Gate 6, raising approximately $10,000 annually for the Booster Club.
She was the marketing chairman for the stadium renovation in 1990-1993, and served on two District-wide Long Range Facility Planning Committees. She also served on committees for long-range planning, golf tournaments and other activities.
Reser is a member of South Haven Baptist Church and has worked 38 years for Richard Mather Builders. She and her husband, Johnny, enjoy golfing and traveling and spending time with family.
(Pictured at left: Foundation President Phil Parke presents the Partner In Education award to Donna Reser at the Gala.)
Raymore Price Chopper
The Price Chopper store in Raymore is one of 26 grocery stores in the Kansas City metro area owned by Cosentino's Food Stores. Since the store opened in 2008, Price Chopper has supported local education in a variety of ways including sponsoring academic clubs, athletic events, music and arts programs, and philanthropic causes. Price Chopper has helped students raise money for clubs and events by donating food to sell, providing a place to raise funds, or volunteering to cook bratwursts.
By partnering with the schools and student organizations, Price Chopper has not only been able to promote education, but also help feed those less fortunate. Here is a sampling of the programs and events the Raymore Price Chopper has supported:
- Student Senate Veterans Day Breakfast
- Raymore-Peculiar Public School Foundation Golf Tournament
- Marching Band Howl and Growl 5K
- C.A.N. Pantry Stock Up Food Drive
- Grocery Grab 2015
- Panther Pride School Party
- Raymore High School Alumni Reunion
- Raymore-Peculiar Fashion Club Charity Prom Fashion Show
- Raymore-Peculiar 5K Family Fun Run
- Raymore-Peculiar Cross Country Lucky 13 Run
- Raymore-Peculiar High School Band Father Daughter
- Raymore-Peculiar School District Special Education Family Event
- Eagle Glen Intermediate School Class and Team Celebration
- Raymore-Peculiar Project Grad Cookout
- Raymore Marching Band Trailer Graphic
(Pictured above right: Jase Cosentino thanks the Ray-Pec Public School Foundation for the Partner In Education award.)
Foundation President Phil Parke thanks Becky Klein for her service on the Foundation Board.
Ray-Pec High School Student Lauryn Whitney and other students in Brett Barbarick's Advanced Multi-Media Class created this video to show Classroom Impact Grants in action:
Thanks to these table sponsors for the Gala:
- First Church of Peculiar
- Guin Mundorf, LLC
- Rep. Jack Bondon
- Pete and Renee Kerckhoff
- Keystone Information Systems
- Peculiar Charitable Foundation
- Phil Parke - Edward Jones
- Rock and Dirt Construction - Scott York
Thanks to these sponsors:
- Cass County Presiding Commissioner Jeff Cox
- Cass County North Commissioner Jim Odom
- Cass County Assessor Bob Huston
- Troutt Beeman & Co., P.C.
Special thanks for in-kind donations:
- DLR Group - printing
- Community Financial - donation of Legos
- Noe's Jewelry - necklace
- Florals by Tallgrass - floral arrangements
- Social Hour -
- Silent Auction Opens -
- Dinner Begins - 6:30 p.m.
- Live Auction - 7:15 p.m.