Foundation presents Partners in Education awards
Allison Bruflat and the Sonic restaurants in Peculiar and Raymore are the recipients of the 2017 Partners in Education awards from the Raymore-Peculiar Public School Foundation.
Allison is a member of the Foundation Board of Directors, and is an active education advocate and community volunteer. She is President of the Ray-Pec Band Boosters and the Bridle Ridge PTA and has served in multiple board and volunteer positions for PTA at her children’s schools, as well as on the District PTA Council.
In 2013, she became Chairperson of the Caring About Nutrition Board of Directors, and helped the Foundation as it launched Ray-Pec Cares.
Allison is a substitute teacher for the Ray-Pec School District and is the co-owner of Pioneer Supply Company, sharing business responsibilities with her husband, John. She is a graduate of Archie High School, and holds degrees in biology and secondary education from the University of Missouri – Kansas City. She formerly taught middle school science in the Grandview and Raytown school districts. She also previously worked for American Century Investments.
She and her husband, John, have lived in Raymore for eight years and have three children attending Ray-Pec schools. Allison and John are also active volunteers for the Waves swim team. Prior to moving to Raymore, Allison was on the Raytown School Board and served three years as the board president for Jackson County Girls on the Run.
When her children were small, Allison was also very active in an organization called Mothers & More. She held a variety of board positions and worked both nationally and locally in Mothers & More through the Lee’s Summit chapter.
In the words of Athletic Director Tom Kruse, “Our locally-owned Sonics are an awesome choice for this award. They have been tremendous to all of our programs, and quite frankly, they donate whatever we ask for. They never say no or that they can’t help.”
- Donates hotdogs to the Foundation’s annual alumni/staff tailgate
- Donates hotdogs and buns for numerous school events
- Donates water to the Foundation’s annual MAD Dash
- Discounts drinks for Foundation and Caring About Nutrition incentives
- Provides coupons to fundraising events
- Provides specials for staff and students
- Feeds workers on high school home football game nights
- Donates cheeseburgers for the Athletic Booster Club to sell at events
- Provides help to the merchandising class by providing gift cards
- Sponsors the Ray-Pec Varsity Basketball Tournament by feeding all eight teams each night of the tournament, providing shirts for all players, and paying for the trophies
- Donates free drink and free sandwich coupons for numerous events
- Donates prizes for school incentives and contests
Thanks to these table sponsors for the Gala:
- Raymore-Peculiar Optimist Club
- Electrical Corporation of America
- Guin Mundorf, LLC
- Houdyshell & Associates
- Scott Jermain Family
- Keystone Information Systems
- Major Saver
- Matt Hocker Agency, Inc.
- Phil Parke - Edward Jones
- Allison Scott Family
- Team Goodwin
Thanks to these sponsors:
- Jack Bondon, State Representative
- Commerce Bank
- Bob Huston, Cass County Assessor
- Judge Mike Wagner
- Noe's Jewelry
Metal art created for auction
Look at this silhouette metal art, made by Teacher Steve Hatfield and donated to the Foundation Gala auction! The set includes a large outdoor scene (approximately 39 inches long by 18 inches tall), four tree candle holders (13 inches tall), and a napkin holder with hoof print cutout.
Tools donated for auction
Crossland Construction Superintendent Nick Kelley, left, presents a donation of a hammerdrill set for the Foundation Gala auction to Assistant Superintendent Dr. Bryan Pettengill. The tools are valued at $300.
The fourth annual Raymore-Peculiar Public School Foundation Gala is scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 25, at Loch Lloyd Country Club. A social hour and silent auction begins at , dinner is at , and a live auction will begin after dinner. Tickets are $60 per person.
Tickets may be purchased from the Administrative Services Center - 21005 S School Road; Peculiar, MO 64078 or online.
Donations and sponsorsIf you would like to donate an item for our silent or live auction or sponsor this event, please contact Jodie Huston at email@example.com or call 816-892-1368.
- $500 - Table of 6 - Logo in program
- $250 - 2 tickets - Logo in program
- $150 - 1 ticket - Name listed in program
- $100 - Name listed in program