Surplus Property

Internal Procedure:

  • Items no longer needed in a school or department may be added to the Surplus Items form.
  • A principal's signature is required on the form.
  • Provide form to day lead custodian to forward to Tulie Brown.
  • Tulie Brown will take photos of surplus property items and share the lists with Casey Thompson.
  • Casey will send surplus property lists to a secretary in each building. 
  • Teachers or staff members may request a listed item for use in their building. Ask your lead custodian for a Surplus Transfer Form. The Custodial Staff will coordinate the transfer.
  • Remaining items on the surplus list will be provided to the School Board for approval to be sold via GovDeals.

Public Auction

Surplus items are first made available for use at other schools or departments. Remaining items are listed on the GovDeals website. Winning bids are approved by the School Board.

After a buyer pays for an item, Tulie Brown sends the "bill of sale" to the school's custodians and coordinates the time and date of pickup. All pickups will be after school hours. Buyers will sign the "bill of sale" upon pickup.

Textbook Surplus

For Ray-Pec staff: Please complete the Surplus Textbook Form and send it to Debbie Johnson in the Academic Services Department. Once approved, the form will be forwarded to Tulie Brown.