In the Raymore-Peculiar School District, we recognize consistent access to food and appropriately fit clothing can be a hardship for families in our community. Therefore, we are happy to share the resources we have in our schools, as well as links to resources in the area.
Many of these initiatives are supported by donations to the Raymore-Peculiar Public School Foundation and its Ray-Pec Cares programs. Foundation website
Caring About Nutrition
The Caring About Nutrition (CAN) program serves K-5 students with bags of food on Fridays for weekend meals they might otherwise miss. CAN sends home food for two breakfasts, two lunches and two snacks. CAN also has small food pantries at the middle schools and high school for students to access.
The Raymore-Peculiar Public School Foundation operates the Caring About Nutrition (CAN) program with donations of food, money and time from volunteers. To donate or volunteer, go here. To receive assistance, contact your child’s school counselor or contact Jodie Huston, Foundation Executive Director, at the Ray-Pec Administrative Services Center at 816-892-1368 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: DUE TO THE PANDEMIC, THE PANTHER CLOSET IS CURRENTLY CLOSED.
Clothing in sizes 3T through adult is available through the Panther Closet, located in the lower level of Raymore Elementary School, 500 S. Madison St., Raymore. The Panther Closet is open by appointment. Contact Allison Scott at email@example.com for information.
West Central Missouri Community Action Agency
- Provides utility assistant, housing help, food, and other services.
- Website: https://wcmcaa.org/
- Contact: (816) 322-0502 or (660) 476-2185
- Food pantry services are at the beginning of each month and on an emergency basis. Call to check availability of other services.
Family Resource Centers of Missouri
- The Family Resource Centers of Missouri offer immediate solutions to the needs of families facing hardships due to poverty, food insecurity, and homelessness. Located at 12600 Byars Rd., Grandview.
- Website: https://www.mofamilyresource.org
- Phone: (816) 425-5706
- Hours: By appointment only.
Raymore Baby Grace
- Baby Grace serves mothers and their children by giving them an opportunity to shop for free for much-needed items such as clothing, toys, books, and equipment. As a ministry, the Raymore Church of Christ hosts the store in the basement.
- Website: http://www.raymorecc.org/baby-grace-ministry.html
- Phone: (816) 322-0561
- Hours: Varies. See website for information.
Real Life Church
- Real Life has a benevolence fund established to help with COVID-19 needs.
- Website: https://reallifechurchkc.com/covid19
Cass County Social Services
- Cass County Social Services offers assistance in a wide range of areas for qualifying families. Services include food, clothing, prescription assistance, and utility assistance.
- Website: https://dss.mo.gov/cd/office/cass.htm
- Address: 223 Municipal Circle, Raymore
- Phone: (816) 322-3842
- Hours: Call for an appointment.
United Way 2-1-1
- United Way 2-1-1 is a free, 24-hour information and resource center that connects people to community resources with targeted resources.
- Phone: Dial 211
- website: http://www.unitedwaygkc.org/