The high school fall sports season officially began on Monday, July 31, with the first day of practices and try-outs. Students must have a physical dated on or after Feb. 1, 2017, to participate in practice.
Here is a link to the Physical Form.
Practices and try-outs for middle school fall sports begin at 3 p.m. Monday, Aug. 14, at both Ray-Pec East and Ray-Pec South middle schools.
For students entering grades 7-8, there are three fall sports: cross country, football, and volleyball. Athletes must have fees paid and a current physical (dated after Feb.1, 2017) on file or bring in the completed physical form to participate.
• Cross Country: open to all 7th and 8th graders. There are no cuts in cross country.
• Football: open to 8th graders only. There are no cuts in football. There will be an "A" team and "B" team.
• Volleyball: open to 8th grade girls. There will be an "A" team and a "B" team, and the number of players is limited. Tryouts begin on Monday, Aug. 14. Once cuts are made, practices will continue at the same time.
Practices end at varying times. When school starts, practices will be held after school every day. Be sure to wear comfortable clothing, and bring a water bottle. Volleyball players should bring knee pads.
- Basketball (men's): http://raypecbasketball.weebly.com/
- Cross Country (men's and women's): http://www.raypec.k12.mo.us/index.aspx?NID=315
- Tennis (women's): raypectennisgirls.org
- Volleyball: http://raypecvolleyball.weebly.com/
- Track and field (men's and women's): http://www.raypec.k12.mo.us/index.aspx?NID=326
Athletic By-Law 309 (a) in the MSHSAA handbook states: “The school shall require of each student participating in athletic or an activity performance Group; MSHSAA sponsored sports, marching band, cheerleading, dance team, and color guard / flags, a physician’s certificate stating that he or she is physically able to participate in athletic contests or performance groups. A student shall not be permitted to practice or compete until a complete certificate is on file. The certificate/physical is valid for the purpose of this rule IF issued on or after February 1 of the previous school year.”
The School District provides a physical exam form to be completed by each athlete as well as your physician. You may obtain a form at the front office of your child’s school or on-line at www.raypec.k12.mo.us This form MUST be on file before you will be allowed to practice or participate with any Raymore-Peculiar athletic team.
Athletic By-Law 309 (b) in the MSHSAA handbook states: “A student shall not be permitted to practice or compete for a school until it has verification that he or she has basic athletic insurance coverage.”
This information is included on the physical exam form and also MUST be on file before a student will be allowed to practice or participate with any Raymore-Peculiar athletic team, or band or color guard.
The District provides a supplemental insurance policy for each athlete. This is in addition to a student's private health insurance.