Summer School 2018
Summer School dates
Summer School 2018 is scheduled for June 4-28, 2018.
This year, morning and afternoon transportation will be available for all K-12 students. Bus routes will be posted closer to the start of Summer School.
About the program
The program for grades K-8 integrates science, technology, engineering, arts, and math.
- Kindergarten-8th grade Summer School will be four days per week ( - ).
- K-8 students may attend one session of two weeks, or two sessions to total four weeks.
- K-5 students will attend summer school from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday at Creekmoor, Stonegate, and Peculiar elementary schools.
- For students in grades K-5, fee-based Panther Pride child care will be offered (before and after school care and/or , as needed).
- Full-day Panther Pride Summer Camp will be offered at Bridle Ridge Elementary.
- Grades 6-8 will attend summer school from 7:40 a.m. to 2:50 p.m. Monday through Thursday at Ray-Pec South Middle School.
Summer School is open to all students, but if your student needs additional remediation, you will be notified by your child's school.
High School Summer School
As for the younger grades, Summer School for students entering grades 9-12 is scheduled from June 4 to June 28. However, there are some programming differences:
- Students may enroll for a maximum total of two courses.
- Core classes required for graduation will be offered as "credit recovery" only. You will be contacted if your student is in need of credit recovery for the offered classes.
- Students may select up to two elective courses for 0.5 credit. Offerings include: health, physical education, summer fitness, and driver's education.
- Students may select up to two online elective courses for 0.5 credit. Offerings include: health, personal finance, modern critical issues, sociology, botany, parenting, art history, Holocaust studies, and psychology.
- On-site credit recovery and elective classes meet from 7:30 a.m. to 2:40 p.m. Monday through Friday at the high school.
- An enrichment course (Get Calked for Calculus) will be offered for no credit. It will meet four days per week (Monday-Thursday)
- Summer School for grades 9-12 will take place at Ray-Pec High School.
- There are options for students to take one or two courses for credit Monday through Friday. The morning session is from 7:30 to 10:50 a.m. The afternoon session is from 11:20 a.m. to 2:40 p.m. Students who enroll for only the a.m. or p.m. session must have transportation at mid-day.
- Lunch and breakfast will be available.