School Board approves providing bus transportation for all students
The Raymore-Peculiar School Board on June 27 approved changing District policy to provide bus transportation to all students, regardless of their proximity to school.
Previously, bus service was available for students who lived at least one mile from school. Students who lived less than one mile were generally not eligible for bus transportation.
The state provides some reimbursement to the District for transporting students who live more than one mile from their school. Transporting students who live closer to school will be at the expense of the district. After considering the benefits to families and the impact on the budget, District leaders recommended changing the policy to provide transportation to all students. The School Board discussed the issue during its June 13 retreat.
Following the vote on June 27, Superintendent Dr. Kari Monsees said it was a good decision for convenience and safety for families.
Information about student transportation will be available after registration.
2019-2020 Bus Routes
Elementary bus routes (grades K-5):
- Bridle Ridge Elementary Bus Routes
- Creekmoor Elementary Bus Routes
- Eagle Glen Elementary Bus Routes
- Peculiar Elementary Bus Routes
- Raymore Elementary Bus Routes
- Stonegate Elementary Bus Routes
- Timber Creek Elementary Bus Routes
Secondary bus routes (grades 6-12):
(Students in the South Middle School attendance boundary ride the same buses)
(Students in the East Middle School attendance boundary have separate buses for grades 6-8 and 9-12)
Apple Bus Company
The Ray-Pec School District contracts with Apple Bus Company to provide student transportation.
Contact Apple Bus at 816-318-1900 or email@example.com. Please include your name, name of student(s), attending school, home address and any additional information that may be helpful. This may include bus number, bus stop location or time of bus pickup if you know those details and they are pertinent to your question.
Bus requisition (For Ray-Pec staff use only)
- Copy the form to your Google drive.
- Complete the transportation requisition form.
- Fax the form to Apple Bus Co. at 816-318-1913
- Send the form as an attachment to Casey Thompson, Administrative Assistant for Administrative Services, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.