6th annual golf tournament is Oct. 8, 2018
The Foundation announces its 6th annual Golf Tournament on Monday, Oct. 8, 2018, at The Golf Club of Creekmoor. The four-person scramble will have a shotgun start at noon. The entry fee of $100 per golfer includes lunch, green fees, cart, range balls, and a gift bag. There are also raffle prizes and opportunities to sponsor the tournament.
Recap of 2017 golf tournament
It was a beautiful day for golf Oct. 9, 2017, at the 5th annual Foundation golf tournament at Creekmoor golf course. Thanks to the teams of golfers, generous donors and sponsors, and dedicated volunteers, the event was a fun way to raise money for the Foundation.
Cash prizes were awarded to the winning teams at the four-person scramble.
- 1st place: Josh Snider, Josh McAnally, Logan Hull, and Keith Coker
- 2nd place: Rich Bartow, Matt Welch, and Chase Barnes
- 3rd place: Paul Coffman, Chase Coffman, Cameron Coffman, and Lynn Dickey
In addition, several people won individual prizes: Longest putt – Jeff Brush; Closest to the pin – Justin Agre; Longest drive – Logan Hull; and Closest to the grill – Jeff Kyle (winner of a REC TEC grill).
Thanks to these sponsors and contributors for supporting the golf tournament:
- Ruby Sponsors: Rock & Dirt Construction, American Family Insurance - Matt Hocker Agency, Inc., Henderson Engineering, and AXA Advisors, Inc.
- Bronze Sponsor: George K. Baum & Company
- Lunch Sponsor: Cosentino's Price Chopper
- Beverage and Refreshment Cart Sponsors: Rock & Dirt Construction, Edward Jones - Phil Parke, Sunrise Optimist Club, Delux Hole Sponsors, Real Life Church, and Vision Source
- Putting Green Sponsor: Apple Bus
- Hole-in-one Sponsor: Mike Medsker - Farmer's Insurance
- Campaign Sponsors: Deborah Gash, Peculiar Charitable Foundation, First Church of Peculiar, Pete and Renee Kerckhoff
- Hole Sponsors: incite Design Studio, Friends for Mike Vinck, Caring Hearts of Peculiar, Jim and Eleanor Kopetsky, Bob and Jodie Huston, Creekmoor PTA, Brad and Tiffany Kiehl, Rock & Dirt Construction, DLR Group
- Cart Sponsors: Dr. Garry Miller, DVM, Phil and Missy Vandeusen, Larry and Mary Dobson, Community Bank of Raymore, Juan and Carolyn Grube, Kari and Laura Monsees, Dick Bartow, John and Allison Bruflat, Raymore Lions Club, Outdoor Solutions, Raymore Festival in the Park, Gret and Jill Tale, Bryan and Sarah Pettengill, ECA, Sonic, Crossland Constructions, All Systems Design Solutions, Pepper Grimm, Vincent and Annette Como, Belton-Raymore Rotary Club
- Contributors: Community Bank of Raymore, Jose Peppers, Real Life Church
- Donors of raffle/auction items: REC TEC grill, Bel-Ray Wellness, Deloitte, High Blue Wellness, Fowler Chocolates, Major Saver, ADA Fundraising, Noe's Jewelry, Al Graham, Maurer's Sporting Goods