Information for New Substitute Teacher Candidates
Thank you for your interest in substituting for our school district. Here are some important things you need to know:
Please contact Leanne Dial at 816-892-1321 or with questions.
- The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education has requirements for substitute teaching that include obtaining certification, submitting college transcripts, and completing a criminal fingerprinting/background clearance. These requirements must be met prior to beginning employment with our school district and our outlined at the link above.
- You will need to complete an application for our school district using the following link: Substitute Application
- After receiving your application, you will be contacted to set up an interview based upon our current need for substitutes. Items to brings to your interview include:
- Valid MO teaching certificate or substitute certificate
- Nurse substitutes only -- Nursing license
- Voided check for direct deposit authorization
- Two of the following: driver's license, passport, social security card, or birth certificate
- All new hires are required to have a TB test that can be administered by one of our district nurses. Information regarding this will be provided at time of hire.