Panther Pride School Age Child Care
The Panther Pride Child Care Program offers children (grades K-6) a safe, well-supervised and fun environment.
Program Telephone Numbers
Locations and hours
Each elementary school has a School Age Child Care site. Bridle Ridge Intermediate School has a child care site for 5th and 6th grade students.
The before school program is offered from 6:15 a.m. until the school day starts. The after school program is available from dismissal until 6 p.m. The daily schedule includes indoor and outdoor activities, snack and homework assistance.
No School Days
Panther Pride Child Care Program provides full day care on many days when Ray-Pec schools are not in session. Special activities or field trips are often planned on these days.
- April 22, 2013 - Kaleidoscope will visit. The theme is "Reduce, Reuse and Recycle." each children will make a "green" bag to take home.
College basketball players greet and sign autographs for students in the Ray-Pec Panther Pride School Age Child Care program. During Spring Break, the Panther Pride students took a field trip on March 14 to Municipal Auditorium to see the NAIA National Championship Basketball game. See more photos in the Photo Gallery (click on the link at the bottom of this page).
Tuition and Fees
- One-time annual enrollment fee = $60 per child.
- Full-time Before and After School Care tuition = $70 per week (3 days or more per week)
- Part-time Before and After School Care tuition = $40 per week (part time is two days per week or fewer, limited availability)
*Full-time or part-time status must be declared at the beginning of the school year, and can only be changed at semester.
- Before School Care only tuition = $50 per week
- After School Care only tuition = $60 per week
- Before and After School Care only tuition = $70 per week
- Snow day or Full Day care = $25 per day for those already in the program. $30 per day plus the one-time enrollment fee if not in the program. (See School Age Child Care Calendar)
- Full day hours: 6:15 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Snow day hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- To sign up for care on days school is not in session, please see this form:
- PLEASE NOTE: There is a late fee of $1 per minute after 6 p.m.
- PLEASE NOTE: If a tuition payment is late, the fee is $25.
- Sibling discount = $5 per child per week beyond the first child in program. This applies for full-time enrollment only.
- Ray-Pec employee discount = 15 percent tuition discount, if payment is received on time.
- Tuition assistance may be available upon request. To apply, contact Sharon Perkins, School Age Child Care Coordinator, at 816-892-1668.
If an emergency arises and your family no longer requires the services of the Panther Pride Child Care Program, you must submit a statement in writing or via email to the program coordinator before any changes will be made in the child's care plan.
*Required Documents for all Students in any Panther Pride Program
Before & After Care for Summer School
Fall Registration for School Year 2013 - 2014
Spring Registration for School Year 2012-2013
School Age Child Care Program Coordinator
Ph: (816) 892-1507
- Make an online payment for child care Please
note that cash payments are not accepted. You may pay by check or
credit/debit card. Payment is due by 6 p.m. Friday for the upcoming week
- See photos of children and staff during Panther Pride activities and field trips: Photo Gallery
For telephone and email contact information of the site coordinators, go here:
Staff Directory You may also see a photo of each staff member by clicking on his or her name.