Dr. Kevin Daniel
21005 S. School Rd.
P.O. Box 789
Ph: (816) 892-1340
Fx: (816) 892-1383
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Raymore-Peculiar School District and each school are highly engaged in re-shaping our culture to become a Professional Learning Community (PLC). A PLC is described in large measure by the following six characteristics:
- Shared mission, vision, values (collective commitments) and goals
- Collaborative teams with a collaborative culture
- Collective inquiry to reflect consistently on what is and is not working
- Focus on action steps for improvement rather than just good intentions
- Commitment to continuous improvement and assessing progress
- Focus on results recognizing that success is measurable
In addition, PLCs consistently ask themselves these four questions to keep the District and each school focused on the students as our top priority:
- What do we expect each student to be able to know and do?
- How will we know when they have learned it and have the skills needed to be successful?
- What will we do at each school and as a district when students are not learning or being successful?
- What will we do at each school and as a district when students are already learning at high levels and being highly successful?
These questions remind each educator within the District that the fundamental purpose of the Raymore-Peculiar School District is learning and that decisions should be made based upon the best in Ray-Pec students.