Raymore-Peculiar High School
College and Career Readiness Day - Oct. 30
Wednesday, Oct. 30, is an early release day. While most of the RPHS student body is participating in tests or organized activities, seniors may select from one of 11 options.
Three Off-Campus Options:
- COLLEGE VISIT DAY- Signed and dated documentation from an admissions rep must be provided to excuse your visit. This college visit is in addition to your two allotted visits 1st semester. *Forms available in the Senior Office.
- JOB/CAREER SHADOWING- Shadow someone in the career field you are interested in. English 4 students may meet with their mentor and shadow him/her for the day. Visits to home offices are strongly discouraged as well as visits to your parents place of employment. A signed form from your shadow professional must be returned to Senior Office in order for the day to be excused. *Forms are available in the Senior Office.
- VERIFIED ABSENCE--Parents can verify an absence for an activity of the senior's choice. This choice counts towards the 10 allotted absences per semester.
Eight On-Campus Options:
- CONSTITUTION TEST-Seniors who have not passed the Missouri and/or the U.S. Constitution Test should attend this session. Seniors will be given a review and then the opportunity to test in order to complete this graduation requirement.
- ASVAB TEST- Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery -- You must sign up in the counseling office to take the ASVAB at RPHS.
- ACT PRINCETON REVIEW - Prepare for the ACT with Teacher Brett Beneke.
- LIFE SKILLS -- Students will work in the Life Skills Classroom.
- SLT TEEN SUMMIT -- Student Leadership Team members will lead a TEEN SUMMIT for freshmen students. Members of this group should check with Coach Scott Jermain for the day's agenda.
- IB WORK DAY -- Work on International Baccalaureate projects and homework with Teacher Kevin Crean.
- SENIOR SCHOLARSHIP AND ACADEMIC RESUME WORKSHOP -- if you need extra help or time to look for scholarships, Christa Fish and Dr. Kristina Martin will help you.
- CCC/STA/CAPs -- Students-Students that attend one of the off-campus programs may attend their daily program. Students will board the bus at the same time and location as regularly scheduled.
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact either the Senior Office or the Counseling Office.
There will be no school on Thursday, Oct. 31, or Friday, Nov. 1. These are great dates for high school students to schedule a college visit or a job shadow opportunity.
The Monarch Journey
Students in the Botany and Field Biology classes at Raymore-Peculiar High School have created a Monarch Waystation in the outdoor classroom.
Developed over two years, the Monarch Waystation provides a milkweed garden for caterpillars and a restored prairie of native pollinating plants for adult monarchs to use during summer and migration.
A display about the project was included at the Missouri School Boards' Association annual conference Sept. 26-29 at Lake of the Ozarks. Teacher Mike Roberts and Student Emily Behymer told attendees about the project.
This video shows the development of the project from 2017 to 2019. The video was presented in September 2019 at the Missouri School Boards' Association conference.
PSAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test
The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test is a great tool for sophomore and junior students considering college. The PSAT/NMSQT measures critical reading skills, math problem-solving skills and writing skills. The high school recommends that students take the PSAT/NMSQT to receive feedback about strengths and weaknesses, enter the competition for National Merit Scholar scholarships (11th graders) and to help prepare for the SAT. There are a limited number of PSAT Tests available, and students will be registered on a first come, first serve basis.
For the 2019 PSAT/NMSQT, students will register online. This registration takes a few minutes and can be completed from any computer with internet access.
Online exam registration began on Sept. 17. To register, students should visit www.TotalRegistration.net/PSAT/262580. To complete registration, students must answer all of the required questions. Registration is not complete until students have printed the pdf file of the confirmation page provided at the end.
Raymore-Peculiar High School offers families the convenience of paying exam fees online at the time of registration. Be sure to have a debit or credit card available before beginning registration. The cost for the PSAT/NMSQT Test is $17 if you register within the regular registration window. If you register late, the fee is $20.
Here are the important dates for the registration process:
- Tuesday, Sept 17, 2019 - Registration begins
- Friday, Oct. 18, 2019, at 3 p.m. -Regular registration ends
- Friday, Oct. 25. 2019, at 3 p.m. - Late registration ends
- Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2019, at 7:15 a.m. - Testing begins
Please contact Nicole Ingram, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions or require financial assistance.
RPHS yearbooks are on sale through Nov. 26. Students can drop off their order form in room 811 or the main office. The base cost of the yearbook is $75, and checks can be made out to RPHS. Cash is also accepted. To purchase using a credit card, go to www.yearbookforever.com and select Ray-Pec High School. (There is a convenience charge for using this site to order your yearbook.) If you need to set up a payment plan for your yearbook purchase, please contact Stefani Russ by Oct. 10.
Senior Ads are dedications some parents/families chose to purchase for placement in the back of the yearbook. If you would like to purchase a Senior Ad please complete the Google form to request an appointment. The options of dates and times are listed on the flyer attached. Please know these appointments are limited and are first come first serve.
About our School
Raymore-Peculiar High School serves grades 9-12 in the Raymore-Peculiar School District. RPHS provides educational excellence that challenges a diverse community of learners to reach their maximum potential.
20801 S. School Rd.
Ph: (816) 892-1400
Fx: (816) 892-1401
Attendance: (816) 892-1412
7:25 a.m. - 2:45 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday
9:33 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. Thursday
Early release: 11:46 a.m.
7 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday - Friday
Kristina Martin, Associate Principal, (816) 892-1406, email@example.com
Mark Cook, Assistant Principal, (816) 892-1407, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jerry Edson, Assistant Principal, (816) 892-1403, email@example.com
Jeanne Kuhlman, Assistant Principal, (816) 892-1405, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom Kruse, Activity/Athletic Director, (816) 892-1410, email@example.com