2019 Teacher/Support Staff Employee of the Year
Teacher of the Year finalists
Congratulations to the finalists for Ray-Pec 2019 Teacher of the Year:
- Samantha Allen, Shull Early Learning Center
- Jenni Beck, Raymore Elementary School
- Andrea Calkins, Creekmoor Elementary
- Kristan Gutierrez, Bridle Ridge Elementary
- Jeff Moore, Ray-Pec High School
- Sophia Newmaster, South Middle School
- Lynn Noirfalise, Timber Creek Elementary
- Tammy Novak, Peculiar Elementary
- Laura Streeby, East Middle School
- Jennifer Vacca, Eagle Glen Elementary
Support Staff Employee of the Year finalists
Congratulations to the finalists for Ray-Pec 2019 Support Staff Employee of the Year:
- Elizabeth Breier, Eagle Glen Elementary
- Peggy Brotherton-Ford, South Middle School
- Deanna Brucker, South Middle School
- Karla Heinrich, Raymore Elementary School
- Christine Huggins, Ray-Pec High School
- Karen Moore, Ray-Pec High School
- Corrie Posey, Stonegate Elementary School
- Glenda Whitaker, Bridle Ridge Elementary
Teacher of the Year nominees
Congratulations to these other teachers who were also nominated for Teacher of the Year:
- Shull Early Learning Center: Sara Moner.
- Bridle Ridge Elementary School: Amanda Carver, Heather Cronk, Gina Garrison, Courtney Graham, Candi Morris, Becky Peterson, Jodi Wooley, Pam Gonzalez, and Evelyn Peck.
- Creekmoor Elementary School: Erica Dodson.
- Eagle Glen Elementary School: Kim Allen, Christal Heier, George Tombaugh, and Aimee Wilson.
- Peculiar Elementary School: Sheri Capper and Alice Redding.
- Raymore Elementary School: Rebecca Dobson, Kelsi Kershner, Lindsey Meyer, Brianna Pennington, and Kat Pogatschnik.
- Stonegate Elementary School: Mary Besse.
- Timber Creek Elementary School: Bethanie Cummings and Traci Lehrbaum.
- East Middle School: Nikki Brewer, Diane Ejjadaili, Marsha Hasty, and Alexis Stark.
- South Middle School: Tracy Elliott and Brooke Urbina.
- Ray-Pec High School: Jackie Coop, Darrick Gray, and Heidi Lanksbury.
Support Staff nominees
Congratulations to these other support staff employees who were also nominated for Support Staff Employee of the Year:
- Ray-Pec High School: David Perkins and Christine Storms.
- South Middle School: Katherine Floyd, Sandi Williams, and Javon Williams.
- Bridle Ridge Elementary: Mark Newell and Angela Schulze.
- Raymore Elementary: Konni Noyes and Kristy Warren.
- Timber Creek Elementary: Barb Rewald, Teresa Bursley, and Julie Sinclair.
A banquet to honor finalists in both programs Is scheduled for April 10 at Ray-Pec High School. The Ray-Pec Public School Foundation plans the awards programs and the banquet. You may attend the banquet to show support for the finalists. The cost is $25. Purchase banquet tickets
To make a reservation, contact Pam Steele, Executive Assistant for the Superintendent and Board of Education, at 816-892-1311 or pam.steele@
For information about sponsoring the banquet in the future or providing prizes or gifts for the finalists or winners, contact Jodie Huston, Executive Director for the Ray-Pec Public School Foundation, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The nomination period is now closed.
The Ray-Pec School District is seeking nominations for the 2019 Teacher of the Year and Support Staff Employee of the Year. Anyone may nominate a teacher by submitting a letter of nomination by Feb. 1, 2019. A candidate must:
- Be a full-time teacher, librarian, or counselor.
- Be returning to teach in 2019-2020 in the District.
- Have completed 3 or more years teaching at Ray-Pec.
- Be effective and innovative in the classroom.
Support Staff nominations
For the Support Staff award, you may nominate a full-time or part-time employee who has worked at least one year for the District. The deadline is also Feb. 1.
Examples of eligible employees include: accompanist, accounts payable, buildings and grounds, child care, child nutrition, crossing guards, nurses, lunch monitors, media assistants, paraprofessionals, Panther Pride and Shark's Den employees, payroll, safety and security, secretaries, teacher aides, and technology.