Teacher/Support Staff Employee of the Year 2020
Teacher of the Year finalists
Congratulations to the finalists for Raymore-Peculiar 2020 Teacher of the Year:
- Jenni Beck, Raymore Elementary
- Kiley Brown, Bridle Ridge Elementary
- Michelle Claus, Peculiar Elementary
- Erica Dodson, Creekmoor Elementary
- Travis Houston, High School/Middle School
- Angie LaSala, Raymore Elementary
- Jennifer Milligan, Timber Creek Elementary
- Stephanie Parris, Eagle Glen Elementary
- Wendell Pritchett, South Middle School
- Sarah Renfrow, Ray-Pec High School
Support Staff Employee of the Year finalists
Congratulations to the finalists for Raymore-Peculiar 2020 Support Staff Employee of the Year:
- Gigi Duran, Stonegate Elementary
- Dawn Dye, Bridle Ridge Elementary
- Maddy Harrington, Raymore Elementary
- Karla Heinrich, Raymore Elementary
- Lori Hill, Shull Early Learning
- Debbie Johnson, Admin. Services Center
- Jen Landis, Technology Department
- Samuel Myers, Eagle Glen Elementary
- Deborah Sparks, Stonegate Elementary
- Glenda Whitaker, Bridle Ridge Elementary
Teacher of the Year nominees
Congratulations to these other teachers who were also nominated for Teacher of the Year:
- Bridle Ridge Elementary School: Leslie Browning, Amanda Carver, Emily Conrad, Heather Cronk, Robert Dothage, Pam Gonzalez, Tiffany Hill, Rebeca Huber, Melissa Marolt, Kassaundra Mills, Evelyn Peck, Emily Pfaff, Alicia Rodick, Natalie Shrider, Christina Waver, and Brandi Welch.
- Creekmoor Elementary School: Amy Beck, Anna Lemen, and Juline Norman.
- Eagle Glen Elementary School: Stacey Barbarick, Heather Poland, and Simon Schupp.
- Peculiar Elementary School: Sheri Capper, Brittney Coleman, Monica Crabtree, Megan Jones, and Kyla McBee.
- Raymore Elementary School: Kathy Ruch.
- Stonegate Elementary School: Andrea Becker, Christine Campos, Pepper Grimm, Mary Roth, and Benjamin Sheldon.
- Timber Creek Elementary School: Lisa Carr, Bethanie Cummings, Shaniece Martin, Sarah Newkirk, and Lynn Noirfalise.
- East Middle School: Diane Ejjadaili, Kymbre Resler, and Alexis Stark.
- South Middle School: Ashleigh Dick, Angie Donaldson, Catie Howlett, Rachel Jacobs, Aubri Janes, Nick Janes, Dillon Jarrett, Kymbre Resler, Melissa Schmidt, Dane Schnake, Michele Sherron, Kali Standley, and Greg Watson.
- Ray-Pec High School: Brett Beneke, Dillon Jarrett, Scott Jermain, Stephen Rew, Stefani Russ, Todd Schnake, and Charlene White.
Support Staff Employee of the Year nominees
Congratulations to these other employees who were also nominated for Support Staff Employee of the Year:
- Bridle Ridge Elementary School: Angela Schulze.
- Creekmoor Elementary School: Lisa Baird.
- Eagle Glen Elementary School: Kristin Lininger and Brenda Reinholdt.
- Raymore Elementary School: Konni Noyes.
- Stonegate Elementary School: Leigh Kirkpatrick and Corrie Posey.
- Timber Creek Elementary School: Barb Rewald.
- East Middle School: Teresa Eberhart.
- South Middle School: Peggy Brotherton-Ford and Katherine Floyd.
- Ray-Pec High School: Debbie Larson, Nabil Pettit, and Michelle Plummer.
The nomination period is now closed.
The Ray-Pec School District is seeking nominations for the 2020 Teacher of the Year and Support Staff Employee of the Year. Anyone may nominate a teacher by submitting a letter of nomination by Feb. 3, 2020. A candidate must:
- Be a full-time teacher, librarian, or counselor.
- Be returning to teach in 2020-2021 in the District.
- Have completed 3 or more years teaching at Ray-Pec.
- Be effective and innovative in the classroom.
Support Staff nominations
For the Support Staff award, you may nominate a full-time or part-time employee who has worked at least one year for the District.
Examples of eligible employees include: accompanist, accounts payable, buildings and grounds, child care, child nutrition, crossing guards, nurses, lunch monitors, media assistants, paraprofessionals, Panther Pride and Shark’s Den employees, payroll, safety and security, secretaries, teacher aides, and technology.
A banquet to honor finalists in both programs Is scheduled for April 7 at Ray-Pec High School. The Ray-Pec Public School Foundation plans the awards programs and the banquet. You may attend the banquet to show support for the finalists. The cost is $25. Order banquet tickets
To make a reservation, contact Pam Steele, Executive Assistant for the Superintendent and Board of Education, at 816-892-1311 or pam.steele@
For information about sponsoring the banquet in the future or providing prizes or gifts for the finalists or winners, contact Jodie Huston, Executive Director for the Ray-Pec Public School Foundation, at firstname.lastname@example.org.