Caring About Nutrition
The Caring About Nutrition (CAN) program serves K-5 students with bags of food on Fridays for weekend meals they might otherwise miss. CAN sends home food for two breakfasts, two lunches and two snacks. CAN also has small food pantries at the middle schools and high school for students to access.
The Raymore-Peculiar Public School Foundation operates the Caring About Nutrition (CAN) program with donations of food, money and time from volunteers. To donate or volunteer, go here. To receive assistance, contact your child’s school counselor or contact Jodie Huston, Foundation Executive Director, at the Ray-Pec Administrative Services Center at 816-892-1368 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- South Haven Baptist Church: Scheduled Food Pantry drive-up service.
- Address: 16800 Bel-Ray Blvd., Belton, MO 64012
- Website: https://southhavenchurch.org/pantry/
- Hours: Call 816-322-0409 to schedule a time to drive through.
- Fishes and Loaves: Food Pantry drive-up service.
- Address: 1315 E. Walnut St., Raymore, MO 64083.
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/FishesnLoaves/
- Hours: Open 8 to 10 a.m. on the Saturdays following the 1st and 3rd Friday of each month
- First Church of Peculiar: Food pantry drive-up service.
- Address: 250 N. Main, Peculiar, MO 64078
- Hours: 10 a.m. to noon on 2nd and 4th Mondays AND 6 to 8 p.m. on 2nd and 4th Tuesdays
- Abundant Life Church: Food Pantry drive-up service
- Address: 414 SW Persels, Lee’s Summit, MO 64081
- Website: https://livingproof.co/ministry/foodpantry/
- Hours: 2 to 6 p.m. every Monday and Wednesday AND 1 to 3 p.m. every Sunday
- West Central Community Action Agency: Drive-up Food Pantry.
- Address: 208 W. Walnut St., Raymore, MO 64083
- Hours: Pickup days according to family’s last name on designated Tuesday of each month:
- A-G, 1st Tuesday of the month
- H-K, 2nd Tuesday of the month
- L-R, 3rd Tuesday of the month
- S-Z, 4th Tuesday of the month
Fellowship Church: Free Hot and Ready Meal
Fellowship Church offers a free hot and ready meal from 4 to 6 p.m. Thursdays at 116 S. Washington St., Raymore, MO 64083. (While supplies last)