Summer School 2018
Summer School dates
Summer School 2018 is June 4-28, 2018.
Morning and afternoon transportation is available for K-12 students. Please review, as routes are different than during the regular school year. The phone number for Apple Bus company is 318-1900. Pick-up and drop-off times may vary by 5 -10 minutes.
About the program
- Kindergarten-8th grade Summer School will be four days per week ( - ).
- K-8 students may attend one session of two weeks, or two sessions to total four weeks.
- K-5 students will attend summer school from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday at Creekmoor, Stonegate, and Peculiar elementary schools.
- For students in grades K-5, fee-based Panther Pride child care will be offered (before and after school care and/or , as needed).
- Full-day Panther Pride Summer Camp will be offered at Bridle Ridge Elementary.
- Grades 6-8 will attend summer school from 7:40 a.m. to 2:50 p.m. Monday through Thursday at Ray-Pec South Middle School.
High School Summer School
As for the younger grades, Summer School for students entering grades 9-12 is scheduled from June 4 to June 28. However, there are some programming differences:
- Students may enroll for a maximum total of two courses.
- Core classes required for graduation will be offered as "credit recovery" only.
- Students may select up to two elective courses for 0.5 credit. Offerings include: health, physical education, summer fitness, and driver's education.
- Students may select up to two online elective courses for 0.5 credit. Offerings include: health, personal finance, modern critical issues, sociology, botany, parenting, art history, Holocaust studies, and psychology.
- On-site credit recovery and elective classes meet from 7:30 a.m. to 2:40 p.m. Monday through Friday at the high school.
- An enrichment course (Get Calked for Calculus) will be offered for no credit. It will meet four days per week (Monday-Thursday)
- Summer School for grades 9-12 will take place at Ray-Pec High School.
- There are options for students to take one or two courses for credit Monday through Friday. The morning session is from 7:30 to 10:50 a.m. The afternoon session is from 11:20 a.m. to 2:40 p.m. Students who enroll for only the a.m. or p.m. session must have transportation at mid-day.
- Lunch and breakfast will be available.