Shull Early Learning Center
RSVP now for 2020-2021 Prekindergarten Programs
It’s time to RSVP for the 2020-2021 Prekindergarten Program at Shull Early Learning Center, 11706 E. 211th St., Peculiar. Due to COVID-19, the Pre-Kindergarten Registration Night this spring was canceled. Currently, we are collecting names of students who plan to attend.
Shull Early Learning Center offers a variety of Prekindergarten Programs for students who turn 4 before Aug. 1, 2020. We prepare our students for kindergarten through purposeful play and intentional learning opportunities. Every classroom has a certified early childhood teacher along with a paraprofessional. Shull’s PreK Learning Targets are aligned with the kindergarten targets of the Raymore-Peculiar School District and the Missouri Early Learning Standards. There is no registration or enrollment fee.
Shull’s Pre-Kindergarten Program is expanding for the 2020-2021 school year to offer a full-day option. Priority enrollment for the full-day program is given to students who are eligible for free and reduced-price lunch, and others based upon academic screening results.
Shull Early Learning has three prekindergarten options to serve the needs of our patrons:
- 5 Days A Week, Full Day. 8 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- 5 Days A Week, Half Day. 8 to 11:15 a.m. OR Noon to 3:15 p.m.
- 4 Days A Week, Half Day Peer Model in an Integrated Classroom. 8 to 11:15 a.m. OR Noon to 3:15 p.m.
If you are interested in your child attending PreKindergarten at Shull Early Learning, please complete the PreKindergarten RSVP form.
Shull Early Learning offers programs by highly qualified staff. Shull will be open from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Parents provide transportation.
- Full-day coverage is 10 hours per day with a breakfast/lunch option available and two snacks provided.
- Morning half-day coverage is from 6:30 a.m. to noon, which includes the 8 to 11:15 a.m. class. Breakfast/lunch option is available. One snack provided.
- Afternoon half-day coverage is 6 hours, from noon to 6 p.m., which includes the noon to 3:15 p.m. afternoon class time. A lunch option is available. One snack provided.
Early Learning programs
- The Early Childhood classroom provides pre-kindergarten instruction 5 days per week for students the year before they enter kindergarten.
- The Early Childhood blended classroom (limited availability) provides instruction Monday through Thursday. Peer models are in the classroom with special needs students.
- Early Childhood Special Education meets the needs of young children with developmental delays.
Director Mary Shatford
Mary Shatford is the Director of the Shull Early Learning Center, which includes Early Childhood, Early Childhood Special Education, and Parents as Teachers.
Shatford has worked for the District since 1998. She was a kindergarten teacher, an Instructional Coach, a Literacy Coach, and has worked as a Curriculum Specialist supporting curriculum development and mentoring new teachers. Shatford earned her Education Specialist degree in Administration from William Woods University, Fulton. She is pursuing her doctorate degree in Educational Leadership from William Woods.
Shatford was the Ray-Pec Teacher of the Year in 2007. A Ray-Pec High School graduate, Shatford and her husband have two daughters.