A Message from Mike
Superintendent Dr. Mike Slagle sends email messages to the community.
- May 13, 2022 - Summer School Opportunities
- May 6, 2022 - This is our WHY
- April 29, 2022 - New programs to offer support
- April 22, 2022 - Sharing stories through "Staff Spotlight" videos
- April 14, 2022 - In appreciation of our outstanding teachers and staff
- April 8, 2022 - School Board election results
- April 1, 2022 - Strategic Plan Update
- March 18, 2022 - Celebrating Music In Our Schools
- March 11, 2022 - Pandemic update
- March 4, 2022 - School Board Recognition Week 2022
- Feb. 25, 2022 - Kindergarten and Pre-K registration
- Feb. 18, 2022 - February is Career and Technical Education Month
- Feb. 11, 2022 - Taking Care of Existing Facilities
- Feb. 4, 2022 - February recognitions
- Jan. 28, 2022 - LEAD Center Progress Update
- Jan. 19, 2022 - An Update on Our Current Reality
- Jan. 10, 2022 - An Update on Our Pandemic Protocols
- Jan. 7, 2022 - Strategic Plan Input Part 3
- Dec. 31, 2021 - An Important Back-To-School Message
- Dec. 17, 2021 - A December message
- Dec. 10, 2021 - COVID Protocol Update
- Dec. 3, 2021 - LEAD Center Update
- Nov. 23, 2021 - Thanksgiving greetings
- Nov. 19, 2021 - Strategic Plan Input Part 2
- Nov. 12, 2021 - With Appreciation
- Nov. 5, 2021 - Websites and Coaches/Sponsors
- Oct. 22, 2021 - Strategic Plan Input
- Oct. 15, 2021 - Update on the LEAD Center at M-58 and Foxridge Drive
- Oct. 8, 2021 - Heroes in hairnets and our approach to inclement weather days
- Oct. 1, 2021 - Two appreciations and a concern
- Sept 24, 2021 - Congratulations to our Distinguished Alumni Award recipients!
- Sept. 17, 2021 - It's all about the "Y"
- Sept. 9, 2021 - Update on face coverings
- Sept. 3, 2021 - Our first 10 days
- Aug. 27, 2021 - A great first week!
- Aug. 20, 2021 - An update on face coverings
- Aug. 18, 2021 - Reviewing COVID-19 safety information for the new school year
- Aug. 11, 2021 - Update on COVID protocols
- Aug. 6, 2021 - More about COVID-19 communication and protocols
- July 23, 2021 - Gearing up for a new school year
- July 7, 2021 - A midsummer update
Emerging Superintendent Award
Congratulations to Superintendent Dr. Mike Slagle on being among eight Missouri Superintendents recognized by the Missouri Association of School Administrators (MASA) for outstanding performance as an emerging superintendent! Dr. Slagle was nominated by his colleagues in the Greater Kansas City MASA District. He was honored at the MASA Spring Conference on March 23, 2022. Each year, the award is presented to superintendents who are in their second or third year of employment as superintendent and have made a measurable contribution to the school district they serve. He is pictured with Dr. Curtis Cain, left, Superintendent of the Wentzville School District and 2022 AASA National Superintendent of the Year.
Dr. Mike Slagle
Dr. Mike Slagle has been superintendent of the Ray-Pec School District since July 1, 2020.
He came to Ray-Pec from the Blue Valley School District in Overland Park, Kan. He was with the Blue Valley School District for 25 years, with his last five years as deputy superintendent. He was assistant superintendent from 2006 to 2015, and was executive to the superintendent from 2004 to 2006. Earlier, he was Director of School Administration from 2000 to 2004 and Assistant Director for Planning and Transportation from 1994 to 2000.
He received his bachelor’s degree in education from Nebraska Christian College and a bachelor’s degree in social studies education from Wayne State College. He received his master’s degree in urban planning and policy from the University of Iowa and his doctorate in organizational and education leadership from the University of Kansas.
Ray-Pec school board members said they were impressed with Slagle’s experience, leadership skills, financial expertise, experience working with a growing district, experience in strategic planning, and knowledge of initiatives currently under way in the district. He also has been involved in successful bond and levy campaigns.
Dr. Slagle and his wife, Jenny, live in Raymore. They have two grown sons: Luke and Micah.