A Message from Mike
Superintendent Dr. Mike Slagle sends email messages to the community.
- Jan. 14, 2021 - There are still dreams to be fulfilled
- Jan. 7, 2021 - Looking forward to second semester
- Dec. 18, 2020 - Thankful for today, and looking ahead!
- Dec. 10, 2020 - Please consider "Neighbors Supporting Educators"
- Dec. 3, 2020 - A 10-year plan for Ray-Pec facilities
- Nov. 19, 2020 - Looking ahead to Thanksgiving
- Nov. 17, 2020 - Board votes on first semester schedule
- Nov. 12, 2020 - Contingency plans amid rising COVID-19 numbers
- Nov. 5, 2020 - Thank you, veterans!
- Oct. 29, 2020 - Thank you to fall coaches and sponsors (plus a COVID-19 update)
- Oct. 22, 2020 - Our inclement weather plan
- Oct. 15, 2020 - We continue to monitor our COVID-19 case numbers
- Oct. 8, 2020 - What is working well for your students? And what is not?
- Oct. 1, 2020 - Embrace the ambiguity
- Sept. 24, 2020 - An update on our COVID-19 numbers
- Sept. 17, 2020 - We are seeking your input in a community survey
- Sept. 10, 2020 - More information about Ray-Pec COVID-19 cases
- Sept. 3, 2020 - Help us combat the spread of the virus
- Aug. 28, 2020 - Thanks for a great first week!
- Aug. 21, 2020 - The "Why" and What's Next
- Aug. 13, 2020 - Outstanding work by our staff team
- Aug. 6, 2020 - The time to help schools open is now
- July 30, 2020 - Planning in the face of pandemic challenges
- July 23, 2020 - Great things are happening at Ray-Pec!
- July 16, 2020 - Plan and adjust. Patience and grace.
- July 9, 2020 - Preparing for the reopening of school
- July 1, 2020 - Greetings from the new Superintendent
Dr. Mike Slagle
Dr. Mike Slagle became superintendent of the Ray-Pec School District, effective July 1, 2020.
He came to Ray-Pec from the Blue Valley School District in Overland Park, Kan. Slagle had been with the Blue Valley School District for 25 years, with his last five years as deputy superintendent. He was assistant superintendent from 2006 to 2015, and was executive to the superintendent from 2004 to 2006. Earlier, he was Director of School Administration from 2000 to 2004 and Assistant Director for Planning and Transportation from 1994 to 2000.
He received his bachelor’s degree in education from Nebraska Christian College and a bachelor’s degree in social studies education from Wayne State College. He received his master’s degree in urban planning and policy from the University of Iowa and his doctorate in organizational and education leadership from the University of Kansas.
Ray-Pec school board members said they were impressed with Slagle’s experience, leadership skills, financial expertise, experience working with a growing district, experience in strategic planning, and knowledge of initiatives currently under way in the district. He also has been involved in successful bond and levy campaigns.
Dr. Slagle and his wife, Jenny, live in Raymore. They have two sons: Luke, who attends Missouri Baptist University, and Micah, who attends Missouri State University.